30 Top Camping Tips For Beginners
Copyright 2006 Karin Manning Seasoned novices and beginners alike all over the world every weekend enjoy the simplicity of camping. The idea of camping to some of you conjures up images that may make you cringe, especially those of you who have never camped as a child or have heard horror stories from friends and relatives, and have unfairly decided never to give it a fair go. How much effort you put into adequately planning your camping trip will determine how successful (and enjoyable) your trip will be. Though some of these tasks may seem tedious and tiresome, the more often you put these tasks into practice the more fun you will have doing them. Here are 30 Things You Must Know Before You Go On Your First Camping Trip:
1. Gather all your camping equipment in a corner of a room and keep adding to it as you think of it.
2. Use basket shelves in your car for easy storage.
3. Store your clothes in sports bags.
4. Make sure all heavy items are secure and are packed at the bottom of your car boot with lighter items on top.
5. Take one prepared meal in a freezer meal that can be easily reheated on arrival at your destination.
6. Make sure you have everything you need for a drink stop like tea bags, instant coffee, sugar, condensed milk, cordial, powder, biscuits, a two litre bottle of water, matches, kettle, wet wipes and tea cloth
7. If you are going away for a short trip prepare your hot dishes so that you have more time to relax at your camp site and enjoy yourself.
8. Stock up on fresh fruit and vegetables at every chance.
9. List everything you will eat on the number of days you are away.
Extreme Limits Offroad Articles
Extreme Limits Offroad Books
Extreme Limits Offroad